Terms and Conditions
1. CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS
Payment for the tour is a fundamental part of the tour's income and contributes to the overall cost of equipment, running costs, staffing, administration, etc. As the Company will have incurred most of its costs before the tour starts. we need to impose cancellation charges to cover these costs.
In the event of a cancellation made by you or your Agent, we will refund any payment made to the Company, less the deposit, and any cancellation fees that are applicable, (such as flights, trains, hotels, etc.) within 15 days of our receipt of your written cancellation request. All cancellations must be made in writing.
If you or your Agent cancel your booking, we will impose cancellation charges as follows:
- Cancellation received up to 14 days before departure: 100 % refund of all monies paid excluding penalties if applicable, charged by hotels, airlines, rail and cruises. All penalties will be itemized.
- Cancellation received from 7 to 13 days before departure: 10% of the tour price + full cost of Yangtze River Cruise if applicable + penalties charged by hotels, airlines and rail if applicable. All penalties will be itemized.
- Cancellation received from 3 to 6 days before departure: 50% of the tour price + full cost of Yangtze River Cruise if applicable.
- Cancellation received from 2 to 0 days before departure: 100% of the tour price + full cost of Yangtze River Cruise if applicable.
After the trip has commenced, we are unable to refund any amount for unused services due to your unwillingness/inability to participate, early departure, late arrival, or missed days on tours.
We offer Cancellation Insurance for you to minimize the unexpected loss. If you are interested, please inquire you trip advisor about it.
- US$50 for a tour below US$3,000
- US$100 for a tour between US$3,000 and US$8,000
- US$150 for a tour between US$8,000.01 and US$15,000
- US$250 for a tour above US$15,000
1. Cancellation Insurance is optional. Those who don't purchase Cancellation Insurance are subject to our standard cancellation refund policy.
2. Cancellation Insurance holders may cancel their tour for any reason by email up to the departure date and receive a full refund of all tour costs.
3. International flights (including Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan flights) are excluded from the insured refund: they are the only tour cost that will be charged, where applicable.
All refund requests must be in writing and made direct to us or through you or your Agent from whom the travel arrangements were purchased. Claims must be made within 15 days of completion of travel arrangements.
Refunds will not be made for bookings canceled due to any events that we cannot foresee or avoid, such as the threat of war, riot, civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial dispute, natural or nuclear disaster, adverse weather conditions, pandemic/epidemic diseases, fire or all similar events outside our control. We regret we cannot be held liable or pay any compensation. Our Company will also not be held responsible for any visa costs incurred, domestic/international airfares, other transportation fares, extra accommodation costs, and meals you require or have made due to these events.
These unforeseen events must be claimed through your travel insurance and it is prudent you obtain receipts to submit claims to your insurance agency. Our Company may assist with any documentation you may require to submit to your travel insurance company.
A US$15 processing fee may be applied to all approved refunds. No guarantee is provided or warranted that any refund will be available.
2. BOOKINGS – Service Fee, Deposit & Final Payments:
Where we have already confirmed the availability of your chosen tour and you book within any applicable time limit, your booking will be treated as firm and a contract between us will come into existence once we have received your deposit.
It is the Company's policy a Service Fee of US$25.00 is charged. This fee is a separate cost to the deposit. This is non-refundable and paid in addition, when you make the payment for the deposit. However, if you do make a confirmed reservation it will be credited towards your booking.
A deposit is required to confirm all services and that you agree to the planning and itinerary of your tour with your travel advisor. The deposit is 10% of the cost of your tour. This is required at the time of confirmation to secure your booking. Dates are not guaranteed without a
deposit. If after making a deposit and you need to postpone your tour, the deposit can be used for another booking (this would be valid for 12 months).
· Bookings for more than 17 days tour (≥17 days) will be required to pay a non-refundable deposit of $50 per group (if you cancel the tour 14 days before departure).
- Before the due date, the balance owing must be paid by 30 days before departure. We will email you a final payment reminder.
- Any booking not paid in full by the due date is subject to automatic cancellation without further notification. Any deposit paid will be forfeited OR, it may be used as a payment towards an alternative booking, less cancellation penalties incurred by hotels, transportation, cruises, and third party suppliers.
- Bookings over Chinese New Year (Spring Festival – according to the Lunar Calendar), China Labor Week (first week in May) and National Holiday Week (first week in October) – Any bookings during these periods require a non-refundable deposit and final payment 60 days before departure. This is a non-refundable deposit under any circumstances.
- Bookings made less than 30 days before travel: Bookings made within 30 days of travel must be payable in full. Any booking not paid in full by the due date is subject to automatic cancellation without further notification.
- Late Booking Fees: A late booking fee of US$20.00 per group will be charged if the booking is made within 72 hours or less before departure. This depends on the amount of administration work involved, and if applicable, you will be notified at the time of reservation request from you or your agent.
Once a booking is confirmed, paid and the tour has commenced, you do not show up, no refund of the tour will be made. If you arrive late and miss the start of the tour, arrangements for transportation will be borne by you, the customer, to meet the traveling party.
If we receive a fraud alert from our credit card processor, we'll require confirmation before your transaction can be processed. If the booking is too urgent to get all required confirmation in time, we have the right to cancel the booking and refund the card holder's account for our own and the card holder's protection.
3. CHANGES AND CANCELLATIONS MADE BY US
We may have to make changes and correct errors in advertised and confirmed details, and confirmed bookings, which we reserve the right to do. Most changes are minor. Occasionally the change may be significant. If there are 'significant' changes or cancellation of your tour, we will inform you as soon as possible. If there is time to do so before departure we will offer you the choice of the following (this does not apply to minor changes):
1. For significant changes, accepting the changed arrangements, or
2. Arrange another alternate tour from us with a similar standard as the original tour and costs. If another tour is considered, that is more expensive you would need to pay the price difference. For a cheaper tour, we will refund the cost difference.
3. Canceling or accepting the cancellation in which case we will refund you only the monies you paid us.
The above option is not offered to 'minor changes' deemed by us.
No compensation will be payable and the above options will not be available if we cancel as a result of your failure to comply with any requirements set out under our booking conditions entitling us to cancel (such as the payment on time or a minor change).
4. ALTERATION OF ITINERARY
Alterations to your itinerary before the booking are happily processed free of charge. Alterations after payment of the deposit will attract a fee of $25.00 per request. All expenses incurred by China Hiking Tour in alteration of the booking are the responsibility of the customer. This includes all fees and charges levied by third parties such as cruise operators, airlines and hotels.
5. PERSONAL TRAVEL DOCUMENTS/INFORMATION
China Hiking Tour cannot be held responsible for any costs, losses or other consequences that may arise from failure to provide correct personal documents/travel information (e.g. incorrect and/or wrong spelling of name(s) and passport number provided for airline/train tickets/cruises and hotels, incorrect passport details that may lead to cancelation of flights or train tickets or cruises, therefore resulting in repurchasing of new tickets and rearrangements of tour; incorrect incoming flight details may lead to failure in transfer arrangements and loss of stay in hotel; or incorrect hotel name, address or place, and personal details that may prevent delivery of travel documents/tickets).
Passport Details & Validity
Please ensure you are traveling on a valid passport that will not expire within 6 months of your impending departure date. China Hiking Tour cannot be held liable for any losses or expenses incurred if you are denied entry or cannot board your flight, train or cruise due to the validity or have provided incorrect information of your passport.
Visas are the responsibility of you, the customer. Failure to apply for a visa required to enter into the country/countries, and therefore denied boarding a flight(s), denied entry, therefore resulting in adjustments of travel arrangements, all extra expenses and losses would be borne by you, the customer. China Hiking Tour would not be held responsible for any losses or expenses you incur due to your failure to apply for a visa(s) before you travel.
In these booking conditions, if any events that we cannot foresee or avoid, such as the threat of war, riot, civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial dispute, natural or nuclear disaster, adverse weather conditions, pandemic/epidemic diseases, fire or all similar events outside our control; failure to apply for visas, and providing incorrect personal and passport details resulting in the delay of your visa process; we regret we cannot be held liable, nor pay any compensation for losses or expenses incurred.
6. HEALTH REQUIREMENTS
Clients should take into account all international travel risks and familiarize themselves with health requirements applicable to the areas they intend to visit. The client is solely responsible for checking the safety and security conditions, vaccination, and other health requirements of governments in countries visited or transited. Travelers to Tibet are required to provide a doctor's certificate stating that the he/she is fit to travel, and his/her blood pressure and heart condition are normal. This is a necessary requirement because of the possible effects that the very high altitude may have on certain people.
7. LUGGAGE ALLOWANCE
In accordance with regulations of the General Administration of Civil Aviation of China, the free baggage allowance within China is 20kg for the economy class, 30kg for the business class, and 40kg for the first class, plus limited carry-on luggage. Excess baggage charges are the sole responsibility of the client. Regulations within China specify that all suitcases must have a locking device attached. Failure to follow this regulation may result in refusal by airport staff to load suitcases onto the aircraft.
8. TRAVEL INSURANCE
For any bookings, we highly recommend you purchase travel insurance as we cannot anticipate any unforeseen circumstances (as mentioned above) that may affect your tour and we cannot be held responsible nor compensate for any expense and losses you incur.
9. COMPLAINTS & CLAIMS
Shall you feel unsatisfied with any service China Hiking Tour has provided, please notify your 7x24 hours available travel advisor to avoid the potential for similar problems happening again during your trip.
In the event of a complaint or claim for compensation, you must inform us by email, regular mail, or facsimile in writing within 15 days from the end of your tour. Relevant receipts and substantiating evidence must be attached to the letter of claim. China Hiking Tour will not be liable for any claims made later than 15 days after the completion of your tour.
10. LIABILITY & RESPONSIBILITY
China Hiking Tour provides tour information and China tour bookings. China Hiking Tour publishes travel information and services gathered from the hotels, air ticket agencies and tour companies & operators. China Hiking Tour will not be responsible for errors, emissions or inaccuracies in information provided by third party providers.
China Hiking Tour shall not be responsible for any wrongful or negligent or fraudulent, omissions, changes of itinerary, cancellation or the failure of any equipment operated by those suppliers or any other party not directly owned or controlled by China Hiking Tour.
China Hiking Tour shall not be liable for any loss, injury, or damage to person or property, alteration of itineraries or cancellation in part or in full, caused by climatic conditions, sea fire, breakdown of machinery or equipment, acts of government or other authorities, wars whether or not declared, civil disturbances, strikes, riots, thefts, epidemics, quarantines, medical or customs regulations, terrorist activities, or any other actions, omissions or conditions beyond China Hiking Tour 's control. Neither China Hiking Tour nor any of its affiliates or subsidiaries shall be or become liable or responsible for any additional expenses of liability sustained or incurred by the tour member as a result of any of the aforementioned causes
China Hiking Tour is not responsible for a client's failure to comply with customs regulations.
China Hiking Tour is not responsible for the theft or loss of any customer's valuables or items of personal property due to the negligence of the customer.
China Hiking Tour reserves the right to substitute hotels, flights, trains, or cruise ships, to alter itineraries, or to cancel the tour prior to departure. If China Hiking Tour has cancelled any tour prior to the commencement of the tour, China Hiking Tour is liable for a full refund of the money received from the client.
Many of China Hiking Tour tour packages include activities which require care and attention. Such activities include hiking, climbing hills and entering and exiting tombs and caves etc. You will receive help and advice from our representatives, but all activities are undertaken at your own risk. China Hiking Tour, its employees and agents cannot be responsible for any action or event that occurs after its said employees and agents have exercised their duty and taken the necessary care.
China Hiking Tour reserves the right to modify or rescind the terms and conditions in whole, or in part at any time with or without notice.
11. MODIFICATION OR DISCONTINUANCE OF SERVICE
China Hiking Tour reserves the right to modify or discontinue service to clients who behave illegally or objectionably toward its employees and agents. Offensive behavior includes behavior which is obscene, racially offensive or of a sexual nature.